~

~

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Weeks 26 and 27




By the end of this week, Baby Fitz will be 27 weeks and about as long as an English cucumber (14 1/2 inches long) and weigh as much as a head of cauliflower (almost 2 pounds).  The nerves in her ears are more developed so she can hear Thomas and me talking.  She is sleeping and waking at regular intervals and opening and closing her eyes.  I am now counting her kicks everyday after dinner to keep track of her daily movement.  Thomas and I went to our second birthing class last night and learned about what we need to do after the baby is born.  We have never been in a room with so many pregnant women before!  Our last doctor's appointment was good.   The baby is fine, but my blood counts were lower than they wanted so now I am taking an iron supplement.  
The baby's room is coming along.  Thomas and I assembled the crib last week and rearranged furniture.  I'll post a picture of how the room looks soon.  My mom is making the bedding and curtains and I can't wait to see them!  

1 comment:

Trina said...

I love that you posted pics of the cuc and the califlower! SO creative! Ok...so I NEED to come over and see the room! Thanks for hanging with me today.