~

~

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Bailey was excited for Halloween and got to celebrate with a parade at preschool.  She marched around with her new friend, Katie. 
 After the parade we sang Happy Birthday to Mel Gibson's daughter, Lucia, and they had cupcakes for everyone!  It was fun to see Mel since we love so many of his movies, but man, his life is messy and disappointing.
 We made no-bake pumpkin pie from Bailey's Highlights magazine recipe.  It was delicious!
 Bailey wanted our pumpkin to look like a skeleton.  Thomas found the Night Before Christmas face and did a great job!
Ready for Daddy to paint her face
Our Beautiful Butterfly Bailey
Bailey and Thomas found these great
wings at the toy store!
 Cassia was a ladybug, Mommy was a flower, and Daddy was a bug catcher!
The Thompsons made us dinner on Halloween last year, so we decided to make it a tradition to eat together again this year.  The tricky part is when to actually eat dinner with all of the festivities!


Thompson Family--dragon, princess
and knight
We had another star sighting while trick or treating--Kirk Cameron and his family!  I loved watching Growing Pains when I was growing up!
James and Bailey
James and Liam
 After we trick or treated around the Drescher side of campus, the Campus Ministry students had a trunk or treat set up for families.  I took Cassia home to put to bed and Thomas and Bailey met up with Evelyn, Marianne, and Brian to finish trick or treating.  Bailey ended up with 2 pumpkins full of candy (much of which Bailey ate, but also much of which ended up going to work with Thomas to get rid of it!)!!
Patiently waiting :)
 The next day I realized that I didn't take a picture of Cassia by herself in her costume so I dressed her up again to get a few shots.  She was a cute little lady...
 and then a sad little bug!
Happy Halloween!

No comments: