~

~

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Meet Cassia

On May 6th Cassia turned 7 months old.  What a sweet baby we have!  She LOVES Bailey and her face lights up anytime Bailey plays, talks, or sings to her.  Bailey can make her laugh more than anyone else.  Cassia is finding more of her voice and makes us laugh with her funny noises and faces.  So far Cassia has eaten green beans, peas, apples, pears, sweet potatoes and avocados.  I've been making her food and love the whole process.  We still haven't figured out her nighttime sleeping, but I know she'll eventually get there!  We love you, Sweet Baby Cassia!
 We decided at the last minute to take a trip to Albuquerque since my brother and his family were able to make the trip too.  The Shoe Crew was ready to meet Cassia in person!  I flew out with the girls and Thomas joined us a few days later.
Cassia's ready for the flight!
"Let's go!  I'm ready to see my cousins!"
 The big girl cousins got to sleep in the same room ~
so excited!
Story time!
 We had to make a trip to one of our favorite places ~ Explora!
Milly was happy to explore and play!
Busy coloring
Nana and Cassia watched while we made bubbles.
Making bubbles is one of our favorites at Explora.  
Look at that huge bubble!
 Uncle Shoe made us laugh by trying to put the girls in a bubble tunnel.  This one popped right before I took the picture!  I love Milly's face.
The music part of Explora is really fun too!
How many granddaughters can you fit in Nana and Papa's bed?
FOUR!
OK, we can fit one Papa too!
We had family pictures taken on Saturday morning by our good friend, Nick.  (Hopefully I'll get those downloaded to post!)  After pictures we grabbed lunch and headed to Shady Lakes, private fishing lakes down in Albuquerque's North Valley.  It was so much fun!
We all took turns fishing and caught five fish!  It rained on us a little but turned out to be a beautiful and relaxing afternoon.
Uncle Shoe loves to fish so he knew what to do
 with the fish we caught.
Check this out, Addy!
Jenny, patiently waiting.
This is one of my favorites!
Sunday was Mother's Day and it was so special to spend the day with our mom.  Matt and I are so thankful to have such a wonderful mom (and nana to our girls!)!  It was a sweet day for me too now as a mama of two!
We went to church that morning, had yummy Mexican food for lunch, played kickball in the backyard, and then the girls ran through the sprinklers before getting popsicles and a bath.
Addy and Milly had no trouble getting soaking wet--Bailey on the other hand didn't want to get too wet. :)  Our water girl was afraid to run through the sprinklers!
The next morning the Shoes headed back to Nashville and we got to spend sweet time with Grandma before heading back to Malibu.  
A quick trip, but totally worth it!

No comments: